About the branch
The Quartz Hill Library is located in the unincorporated town of Quartz Hill, adjacent to the cities of Palmdale and Lancaster, and was founded on July 24, 1959. The then 3,530 sq. ft. library was originally located at 42018 N. 50th St. in a building formerly housed by three adjoining, family run stores.
With funding generously provided by County of Los Angeles Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, a new state-of-the-art 12,514 sq. ft. library opened at it's current location of 5040 West Avenue M-2 on November 19, 2016. The new Quartz Hill Library features a community meeting room, two group study rooms, and an expansive Children's area.