About the branch
Hacienda Heights Library first opened January 25, 1960 at 1016 S. Hacienda Blvd. & Gale Avenue in a leased 3,000 square foot building, with Mrs. Clara Mohlengraft as librarian.
In 1966 it moved to a 1,100 square foot double trailer at 2054 S. Hacienda Blvd. near Halliburton Rd., with Dorthy Nichols in charge.
The current library of 10,400 square feet was opened in Nov. 1972 by then Supervisor Pete Schabarum and Librarian Mary Jane Merrel.
Following a renovation in summer 1992, the library reopened in its present location, with Charles Kaufman as the Community Library Manager. John McClellan was the Community Library Manager from 1996 to March 2002.