About the branch
The first building was a private residence of the librarian, Mrs. W. A. Jones. In 1930, the library moved and changed its name to the Ben Lomond Library. In July 1962, the Charter Oak Library moved to 20562 Arrow Highway.
After a tragic fire which destroyed much of the library and its collection, it was relocated in 1991 to its present location in the unincorporated area near the cities of Covina and Glendora.