About the branch
Las Virgenes Library was founded in 1916 and was located for a brief period, at the Las Virgenes Grammar School. The library then moved to Liberty School which was one of four schools in the area. Shortly after 1920, the school and the library moved to Chesebro Road. The library was managed during that time by Mrs. Wright. Later, the library moved to the Cornell School.
The library moved again on December 8, 1970 into a 7,500 square foot storefront facility located on 29130 Roadside Drive.
On October, 27, 2001 the library became the "Agoura Hills" Library moving to a brand new 17,772 square foot facility at 29901 Ladyface Court. The library is part of the City Hall Civic Center.