About the branch
The original Norwood Library opened on November 22, 1950 as a storefront library at 4772 Peck Road. The library was opened to provide service to residents of the unincorporated area north of the city of El Monte.
The city annexed this area in the early 1960's. Property for a larger site was purchased in 1967. Finally, on April 15, 1977, the new Norwood Library opened at this address.
The library has an active Friends of the Library which strongly supports library programs and services.