About the branch
Temple City Library was founded when Willa Samson initiated a small lending library in her home. In 1924, Mrs. Samson's rental cottage (9961 Woodruff Avenue) became the first official library site with Mrs. Samson as Temple City's first librarian.
After moving into larger buildings when it outgrew its surroundings, the current library location was opened in 1963.
Temple City Library reopened to the community in May 2022 with renovations which included a new Children’s Area, Community Meeting room, additional seating, laptop vending machine, Civic Art installation, and drought-tolerant landscaping.